Thursday, December 16, 2010

Arctic Ease Review

Shortly after receiving the samples, I had injured my foot. In the dark, I kicked my son's step stool with my 2nd toe. OUCH! It hurt so bad. And why couldn't it have been the big toe? Well the pain spread to TOFP after attempting to run on it. I was sidelined from running for over a month. I tell ya, it was quite convenient to get those samples when I did.

Opening The Package
I actually found it a bit difficult. The perforations did not seem very pronounced. I grabbed a scissor to cut it open.

Appearance
It has a bit of a slimy feeling. It looked like rolled up gauze made from haupia. It was a bit cool to the touch, as it should be. Finding the beginning to unwrap from was not so clear, it looked seamless. I turned and felt for it a few times and finally found a spot. Upon unrolling, both sides looked very similar. But the further you unroll, eventually you see the logo which is not the sticky side. Cut what you need and put the rest back in the resealable bag.

How To Use It
Per the directions, you 1) must make sure the area you want to cover is clean. Placing a piece on the area to be iced does not always work the best. But that depends on what area you need to ice. 2) Wrap it around so it fits nicely and is held together. I took both hands and cupped the area I wrapped. I put pressure and held it there for about 45 seconds. It will still feel loose, but after about 5 minutes or so, it will begin to dry.

How It Felt
It's not freezing cold, but does feel good and provides enough of a chill to get the job done. I kept my foot as still as possible. To move I either hopped on the other foot, or took a few soft steps on my heel. And then it hit me why this was a great product. It allows you to be mobile! I've read it on the website time and time again, but actually experiencing it made a world of difference.

Other times I had to ice, I had to sit and fiddle around with the ice pack until I found the perfect placement for it. In addition to that, I had to wrap the ice pack in a towel to avoid freezing my skin. With Arctic Ease, you just wrap it, put pressure on it and then you're free to move around. 

I am thoroughly impressed and will be telling my friends and family about this product. If you haven't tried it yet, I suggest you should. You can find them in several retailers. Or you can visit their website for more info.



If you have tried this product, I'd love to hear about your experience with it. Please comment.

 

2 comments:

  1. I got samples of the Arctic Ease wrap at a recent marathon, I love this product! It works great, does not have the harsh cold of ice out of the freezer or the issues of an ice bath. It is an ice bath without the water or the shock of the cold water. No more shivering!! Plus when I use the Arctic Ease wrap I can still walk around, no more sitting waiting for the ice to kick in, then take it off and repeat the cycle.

    This product stopped my knee and IT band pain in its tracks and I've been able to reuse the wraps mutiple times. Its so easy to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I really think they're a great product as well. Or else I wouldn't have given it a great review, ha.

    But the ease of use is what did it for me. And yes, it wasn't freezing, but cool enough for it to do its magic!

    Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...