Friday, December 24, 2010

A Christmas Fatty

Um yeah, that would be me. Tis the season I guess. I didn't go into the Christmas season wanting to be a fatty, it just kinda happened. I'm sure many are experiencing this. Luckily it hasn't been too bad, but I admit to eating more than necessary quite a bit this month. Oopsie. You see, I'm a brown bagger. Meaning that I bring my lunch to work. I rarely go out to lunch. I'm pretty frugal and this way I have a better chance at watching what I eat. So when I go out to eat, I sometimes indulge.

I had lunch with coworkers TWICE in 2 weeks. One was at this neat pizza restaurant called Rocco's. It was good. I inhaled my 10-inch personal pizza. Good thing I got veggies (onions, olives and mushrooms) on a thin crust. The price was awesome too. I'd definitely go back.

The other lunch was at a Thai restaurant several coworkers rave about. Wat Phou Thai. Cool, now I got to try it out. The prices were awesome and the food was good. We had chicken satay and fried tofu as an appetizer. My meal was yummie chicken curry with white rice and egg rolls. I don't eat much rice anymore, let alone white rice. But it just goes hand in hand with curry. I was stuffed. It was good and I'd definitely go back.

Oh, and we can't forget the goodies at work. Orange Nut Bread and cookies. Yum! I mean who can resist these delicious cookies from C-Dog and his wife? Mmmm.  It was like a cookie buffet!



Initial thought was to eat a few and bring them home. Um no, that didn't happen. They were just TOO darn good. I ate them all in a span of 2 days. By the second day I was completely sugared out. I actually did bring home 2 cookies for my boys.

Tonight I'm sure there will be awesome food to grub on for Christmas Eve. I can't wait. And tomorrow we're smoking 3 racks of ribs and a tri-tip. My mouth is salivating. Yeah, did I mention that I really like to eat?

But even though I have been eating food that is not normally part of my everyday diet, I am still incorporating the good stuff. And my food portions haven't expanded much. I am drinking lots of water and green tea. I still have eggs every morning, and bring lots of fruit to work for me to snack on and help me stay satisfied. And I am still working out every single day. If you follow me on twitter, dailymile, or my 365 Workout page - you would see this. I've also started running again, so that's definitely going to help.

Like everyone else, it will be back to the grind once the new year begins. Good thing I'm still eating alright, so getting 100% back on track won't be terribly difficult.

So from my family to yours.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...