Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!

This morning I performed my last workout of the year. Can you guess what I did? 

Cross train?
No, I did that the night before.

Ride on the recumbent bike?
Nope. Try again.

Run?
YES!
I ended the year with a 15 minute mile run.


And yes, it's still quite slow and not far at all, but I am working on building my endurance. I just got an email stating that Tanya P, a dailymile friend, invited me to a 100 mile challenge for January. Hmm, I just don't know. I just started running again. I'd have to run 3 miles a day, EVERYDAY. That's a 5k EVERYDAY. Yikes! That would totally work for fulfilling 365 workout. Gosh, I can't believe I am actually thinking about it. Not much time left to decide, 5 more hours. 

So everyone is talking about goals for this new year. Do you have any? 
Mine is to....
  • stick to running 5k races
  • increase my speed
  • increase my distance
  • continue to include cross training 
Basically just continue my path to a healthier me!

Well I'm staying in as usual for New Year's. Yes, I know, pretty boring. But I'm definitely looking forward to what 2011 will bring.
Wish you all a very healthy and prosperous Happy New Year! Be safe out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...