Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Runner Once Again - YES!

I RAN YESTERDAY! 
I did. I really truly did. Yippie! It was awesome. I felt such a sense of accomplishment. I strapped on my Vibrams and hopped on the treadmill. 
  • walked for 2min
  • RAN for 5min
  • walked for 2min
  • RAN for 3min
  • walked for 5min
Yes, I know. I only ran for 8 minutes total. But I did it! Boy of boy. It has been a super long several weeks I tell ya. I went through so many different emotions during this time. 


 EnviousI was envious of those who were running longer and faster.
Frustrated - Frustrated at the fact that it was taking so long for a stubbed toe to heal.
Mad - Mad at myself for being so clumsy and getting hurt in the first place.
Annoyed - Annoyed at the fact that I had to miss out on my first Turkey Trot.
Depressed - Due to that fact that I would have to start all over and build up my endurance again.
Sad - Sad because something that made me happy was missing in my life.


Who knew that running would make me feel like this? It was quite a roller coaster of emotions. Some days were better than others. But I'm glad to FINALLY be over this ride. I am back! And I can't wait to start logging the miles again.

During this time, I learned....
- how to deal with my emotions
- that I needed to find a way to see things in a positive light
- be patient
- how important it is to cross train
- WATCH WHERE I'M GOING !!!!

I am going to take it slow. (a lesson that is constantly being thrown in my face) It's going to be hard, but it's a price I must pay. In a few months I'll be up to my old speed and distance, which wasn't that impressive to start with, but was  for me personally. I am now in a place where I can start thinking about runs I want to do next year. Maybe even starting off with a run with my friend Sherry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...