Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Foot Test Went Well

On Saturday as I rolled out of bed I noticed that there was no pain in my foot. Normally I'd feel a bit of pain as I put some pressure on it. But not on Saturday. That was a good sign and lifted my spirits. Yay!

On Sunday, the same thing happened - no pain. Yay!

Come Monday, again no pain. Yay!

So today I decided to walk on the treadmill and see how the foot felt. I've been walking around barefoot in the house, walking in my chucks and sandals outside, so I hope I maintained some of my foot muscles during this recovery period.

I just walked slow and it felt alright. After a few minutes I could feel a tiny bit of soreness so I didn't push it. I continued to walk. Then I started to lift my feet to simulate my running form. Gosh, it was hard to hold back and not run.

Got off the treadmill and did some arm workouts with weights. I'll continue with the 10min walks for the rest of the week to evaluate my foot. Then maybe speed up the walking and get into running. But the rule that keeps kicking me in the 'B' double-O 'T' 'Y' is something I must listen to now.

Start s-l-o-w-l-y.

Oh man, it's been a long time. What? 3 weeks now? Yikes! Yeah, I DO NOT want to go through that again.

At night I am super cautious about walking slow. Many times I do turn on the light because I have this fear of stubbing my toe again. I miss running and I want to get back into the groove. While on the treadmill I can tell that my calves missed their workout too.

I did do a tiny run in my chucks this morning as I was dropping my son off at school. Hey, he made me chase him. What's a mom to do? It felt alright. I considered the act as a baby step.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...