Wednesday, November 10, 2010

When Sidelined, Cross Train!

C-Dog said I was slacking on my blog posts. Hey, I gotta listen to my readers and motivators....so here ya go.

I have been RICE'ing my foot throughout this ordeal. Yeah, I'm still disappointed. I'm going crazy not being able to run. (I've been reading RunMeter updates from C-Dog and Andrew on their runs. So jealous!) And when I can start running again, I'll have to start off slow ONCE again. It's a bit frustrating, but I'm sure I'm not the only runner who has gone through this. Grrrr.... this is NOT looking good for my last 5k of the year. As of now, I'm not even thinking of beating my already slow PR.

Today I noticed that my foot's feeling a little better as I walk on it. I'm receiving this as a sign of progress and healing. Normally having a cube job (sitting in a cubical for 8hrs a day) makes it difficult to stay in shape. As I sit I imagine, and I swear I can feel, my booty expanding. Not the bodacious J-Lo or Kim Kardashian expansion, but like a wide load on a semi. But during these times of recovery, I can prop up my foot for most of the day.



I am glad I started Turbulence Training because it is helping me stay sane while I'm sidelined. I feel great after a workout. I started with the introductory workout which is aimed for those who haven't exercised in a while, or EVER. I could have started with the beginner workout, but figured I would ease into it slowly. Starting slow. Just like barefoot running, you need to start slow. I think the whole 'starting slow' thing is finally clicking with me. Plus, this intro phase of my cross training only lasts for 2wks for a total of 4 sessions. The rest of the time you are doing light activity. For me, it's running...when I could.

And since I'm doing the short intro phase, I didn't feel the need to announce or log them on here. I logged my c25k runs because each run was a little different and I was completely new to running. I'm not sure how different these workouts will be, so I'll be updating my progress sporadically. But if you want to know what workout I've done, you could always check out my status on dailymile (feel free to add me as a friend) or follow me on twitter, as I usually announce my completed workouts on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...