Friday, November 26, 2010

Turkey Lunch, Dinner and the Aftermath

Hello to all the full bellied shoppers out there. I am avoiding Black Friday by hiding out at home. I'm not one for standing in long lines and crowds. But most of all, I'm not one for spending money as I am quite frugal.

How was everyone's Thanksgiving yesterday?
Did you over eat?
Did you fit in a workout?
Did you watch some football?

Thanksgiving Lunch
As mentioned, the hubby did quite a bit of smoking yesterday. He slept a few hours and then got up at midnight to place the turkeys in the smoker. We got up at 6:30am and he put the tri-tip and ribs in the other smoker. By 1:30 it was time to get our grub on. 

The turkeys came out quite moist, the ribs were falling off the bone and the tri-tip was full of flavor. The sweet potato casserole was as yummie as always. The sweet potato pie from my mother in law got rave reviews as always.  The dressing was a hit. And my dripping-less gravy turned out alright. I used the broth in place of water which I think really helped with the flavor. I'd say it was a success.
 fall of the bone ribs
 moist smoked turkey
 flavorful tri-tip
 group pic
 my lunch plate


Thanksgiving Dinner
As the hubby took the Coasties back to base, me and the little man headed over to my grandparents for a small Turkey Dinner. It had a bit of a filipino twist to it since we had 2 types of rice, stir-fry and lumpia. Mmmmm.


During our dinner conversation, the topic of fitness came up. My son was showing my dad pics from my iPhone4. (yes, this gadget is my 5th limb) It started with a pic from my first 5k. Then a pic of me in my Vibrams in Yosemite. Yeah, my dad is one of those people who does not want to feel anything but cushion under his feet. And, like many, question why I prefer to feel the ground.

I am happy to say that I did squeeze in a bike workout in the morning, and did not over eat. As soon as I felt full, I quit eating. I'm definitely listening to my body more nowadays.


Unfortunately I came down with a cold. Yes, I blame the hubby as most wives normally do. It started to progress throughout the night and I went to bed early on a vacation day. Ugh. I tried to stay in bed as long as possible, but I was home alone with the little man and I knew I couldn't leave him alone for long. Although he's pretty self sufficient, he's just 4. I plan to hop on the recumbent in a bit here, and spend the rest of the day nursing this cold.


I'd love to hear about your holiday feasts
My one friend Andy had 35 people over. Yikes! Brave man.
My sis and her boyfriend headed to Sin City.
One of my cousins had a quaint dinner for two.

2 comments:

  1. Fresh healthy vending machines,business to training on the ins and outs of Fresh Vending's products,Fresh Healthy Vending provides their franchisees with data to back up their claims when describing benefits. Detailed instruction and videos Free Delivery Online Reporting and Alerts Installation vending machines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know. I've looked them up. I am hoping that more and more schools, airports, strip malls and such get rid of the crap and get Fresh Healthy Vending Machines. I'm in total support of this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...