Monday, August 16, 2010

Week Seven - Day One

I wasn't sure if I was going to get up to run this morning, but I did. Had to get up earlier since I changed my hours at work. Now I have to get up at 4:50 and start my run at 5am.

Today was quite a challenge. 25min straight. Just like wk6 day3's run. I started really slow. Picked up the pace a bit and slowed down again. Wow, 25min is quite long, me thinks. It was different than the other podcasts since you only hear Robert speak when you are half way through, and when you have a minute left in the run.

I chugged along and kept going, changing my pace as my legs start to tire. There were certain points where it took so much effort to get those legs up. I kept thinking about my form and doing a check in my head.

Back straight - check.
Arms swinging straight back and forth - check.
Head facing straight - check.
Lifting the feet - check.

I also thought about possibly re-doing last week's run. But I figured that I started this and have gone passed the 5min time already, that I'd just continue. My breathing was ok, but my legs were getting tired. But I did finish and that made me happy. Going to rest my legs, and give them (and my feet) a massage. I just can't believe I'm on wk7! But I am looking forward to completing the program so I can work on speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...