Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I Hit An Obstacle

I did. This weekend I wasn't feeling too great. The back ached a bit. I did go for my week5 day1 run on Sunday and the back was fine during the run. But later that day, the back was sore again.

Then the tummy wasn't feeling too hot either. What the heck was going on??? I even left work 3hrs early on Monday because I couldn't stand the pain anymore. The drive home was super long. I stayed home on Tuesday. Slept most of the day, and stayed off my feet.

I nursed myself with green tea, strawberries, blueberries, unsalted organic white tortilla chips and a bowl of wonton soup. Wonton soup always makes me feel a little better.

Come night time, I couldn't sleep. I was constantly tossing and turning. I couldn't find a way to alleviate the back aches for longer than a few minutes. That's it, I couldn't stay in bed any longer. I contemplated going for my week5 day2 run which was scheduled this morning, but didn't. I decided to listen to my body one more day. So off to work I went, but not before hitting the store to get some heat pads. I don't feel they're hot enough, but better than nothing.

I'm disappointed that I am off schedule. It's just a day, but it's been 3 whole days between runs so far. After this many days, do I have what it takes to make it and continue with week5? Or should I finish off the week with a 5min and 8min runs?

The latter half of next week I'll be in Southern California. I have to think about doing my runs there in a totally different atmosphere. What to do? What to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...