Sunday, August 1, 2010

Week Five - Day One

I did not peek so this week came as a surprise. I listened to the intro of the podcast and learned how different this week would be. Three different types of runs this week, yikes.

Today's run consisted of three 5min runs with 3min breaks in between. Last week it was 3min runs then 5min runs. The 5min runs initially killed me and the 3min runs were doable. 

I started off slow to avoid tiring out soon. During the second 5min run I seemed to have picked up the pace. I'm just following what my legs want to do. It wasn't so bad. Then came the last 5min run. I started off a bit slow again, but my legs wanted to pick up the pace. Wow. I really can't believe I did it. I can't believe how doable the 5min runs were. 

Maybe it was because I felt I was keeping form much better today. Head was looking forward, back was straight, arms swinging from front to back and not side to side, and the legs were just doing their thing. Apparently my feet seem to like running in the sandals, so I think that's what I'll stick with for the rest of this program.

I actually want to do it again in order to prep for day2 of this week's run. But the sun is out now and it would just be too hot for me. Plus, I really don't want to tire myself out. Maybe tomorrow I can do a quick 5min run just to get it out of my system.

That's how I often feel now. While at work, I am thinking about running and practicing my form. That's all I want to do. It's so hard to not think about it.
Do any of you feel the same way?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...