Thursday, July 8, 2010

Size Does Matter

Yes, it does. The last time I went to IKEA I bought these plastic bowls. I can cup the bottom of them in my hand. They're a nice size for snacks. Eating food out of a bag doesn't seem to work for me since I lose sight of portion control. Portion control is so important when eating any meal. I even started using a dessert plate or cereal bowl to eat my food.


For my snack this morning I mixed some pistachios, slivered almonds, sunflower seeds and banana chips in the bowl. (sorry for the blurry image)
This was good enough to satisfy my hunger between breakfast and lunch.
A good tip is to mix nuts and fruit. Next time I plan to get some dried cranberries and add it to my mix. Trader Joe's makes this all too simple for me.

Also, drink lots of water since you may not be hungry, but just thirsty. I always have water close by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...