Monday, July 12, 2010

Week Two - Day One

Yesterday was my first run of week 2. Wow, those extra 30 seconds per run really made a difference. But then again, that's the awesomeness of this program. You increase the duration of the runs gradually.

I am really enjoying Ullrey's podcasts. I should email and tell him that. It's like having a couch running with you, and telling you what to do. I'm the sort of person that requires that.

I ran in my sandals again. Felt good. As I read deeper into Christopher McDougall's book, Born to Run, I realized that Caballo Blanco wears his Teva's when he runs. Right now, no need for me to go completely barefoot. Although I'd still love a pair of KSO's.

After my run we headed to Lake Don Pedro for some boating and swimming. I haven't been in a pool in over a decade since we enjoy lakes. Since we do a lot of floating, we usually have life jackets on. I took mine off and wow, I forgot how labor intensive swimming is. I need to work on that.

I guess you can say that I had quite a workout yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...