Sunday, July 18, 2010

Week Three - Day One

Woke up at 4:45am to make do to this run this morning. I was already a bit sore. Let me rewind....

Yesterday I helped my hubby work on my grandparents' second bathroom. We had already worked on their master bathroom last year, so it was time to update the guest bathroom. I was on my knees, standing up, and squatting back down constantly due to laying tile. It sure took a toll on some muscles that I don't use often. Needless to say, I was sore. I stretched and massaged my legs before going to bed last night in hopes that it would help.

So today, I go for my run. It's the beginning of week three. 90sec run, then 90sec walk. Then a 3min run (whoa nelly!) and a 3min walk. Repeat. Wow, did I really just run 3min straight, TWICE??? On the second 3min walk I was draggin butt on the last part of it. I hope to do better on the next run.

But I didn't stop there. You see, I had already signed up to do the AIDS Walk in San Francisco with my sister today. I was a bit sore, but it did feel good to complete this 6.2 mile walk around Golden Gate Park. Towards the end of the walk I was really feeling the aches and pains in my inner thigh and back. Aches and pains from laying tile. I've stretched a couple of times after the walk, but it's going to take some time for it to pass.

Day 2 for week 3 is scheduled on Wednesday, so I have 2 days to recuperate from this weekend's activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...