Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Week Four - Day Two (half way!)

In my wk4 day1 log I mentioned trying shoes during this run. I really was going to, but I didn't. I ran in my sandals again. I ran barefoot last night in the house. We have tile and pergo downstairs. The floor feels great on bare feet. This little activity convinced me to continue wearing my sandals for the runs.

I jogged in place a bit to get warmed up, then stretched some. Today I decided to run at a much slower pace. I think I was putting too much effort into running faster that I tired by the last run. So I started off slow. And it was really slow. But as I continued running it felt better to start off slow. I was watching running videos on youtube and one tip mentioned was to run so you can hold a conversation. So that's what I did today. Yes, sometimes I do talk to myself.

I really can't believe that I'm getting through a 3min run easier than I did before. The first 5min was doable. Tough, but doable. During the second 3min run I kept talking to myself. With each lift of the foot I kept saying the word "form" in my head.

And then there was the last 5min run. OK, let's do this. I started off at my slow pace of the day. And then I pushed it on what seemed to be the last 30sec. I did it! Yes!

This run is literally the half way mark in this 9 week program. I have made it this far. Yes! After the first week's runs I noticed that my calves were firming up. Now I noticed that my calves are getting bigger. This isn't the best picture, but good enough for display.

I also noticed that area right above my knee is starting to slim and firm. Wow! I can't believe all this is happening in just 4 weeks. Really remarkable for me since I've been "chunky" most of my adult life. This is what keeps me doing the program. I still have a long way to go, but this is a really good start.

I am ready for day3 of this week's run. Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...