Thursday, September 16, 2010

I Signed Up For My First 5k's

Yes, I did. I forced myself to sign up now in fear that the race would be filled up. But I didn't sign up for just one, but two! Yeah, I'm just crazy like that. Always pushing myself harder. But this will force me to work hard and train for them.

Oktobrewfest 5K
Saturday October 16th at 5:30pm in Davis, CA.
There is also a Kids Root Beer Float Fun Run.
I don't drink, but figured this would be a good first race since it involves running on streets which is what I'm used to.

Nitro Turkey Thanksgiving Run
Thursday November 25th at 8:45am in Point Pinole Pinole Regional Park
Yes, it's on Thanksgiving morning.
This is a very family friendly event.
There is a 5k, 10k and a Little Turkeys race for the kids.
It's also a fun event since they encourage participants to dress up as turkeys.
I'll have to try and come up with something comfortable to run in.
This one is going to be a bit tougher for me since there is no pavement running. It's on trails, but the views should be beautiful.

So now I think it's time I order my KSO's and start training in them.
Well, wish me luck. And feel free to join me in these races.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...