Thursday, September 23, 2010

Why I Choose To Run In The Morning

I shared my RunKeeper results from today's run to a couple of co-workers. One of them noticed the early time post. Yes, I run around 5am. 
What?! 
Am I crazy?! 
Why would I do that?! 
Yes, I understand that it's way too early for many people. But that's my "me" time.

It's quiet in the morning. No one is walking or playing on the road. The early commuters are awake, but that only accounts for a few vehicles during my run. Occasionally I see the garbage trucks, but it's not a big deal.

It's nice and cold. Yes, I do enjoy the coldness of the mornings before the sun rises. It's like running on a treadmill with the fan spinning to cool you off. But since I'm starting to do 5k's, I think it may be time to learn how to run while the sun is up. Yikes, that will be quite an adjustment.

And if I don't get my run in first thing in the morning, then there's a really good chance that I won't get to it. The run helps set the rest of the day for me. I feel awesome knowing that I've accomplished that, and any other exercise I do during the rest of the day is the cherry on top.

When do you do your runs?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...