Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Could I Have Tendonitis?

Last Saturday I ran my first 5k. I was a bit disappointed in myself because my time wasn't anything to envy. Mostly that I walked most of the hill. I tried to make time by taking advantage of the downhill slope. But I think that I may have also forgotten about my form.

Why? Because I've been having this soreness on the top of my right foot. After doing some research on the web, I learned that it's called TOFP - Top Of Foot Pain. I couldn't believe it! Here I am promoting barefoot running/minimalist footwear and I get hurt. I blame my lack of form. I've only had my vibrams for about 3wks now, and the 5k was the longest I've ran in them. So I think I need to work on my form again.

This morning's run was fine. I kept thinking of my form. That's all I was thinking about. So if I do that, then I hope to correct this. But if you do experience this pain, then here's a remedy that someone posted. I have yet to try it, but may give it a whirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...