Saturday, October 30, 2010

HaPpY hAlLoWeEn

It's Halloween time once again. We had a pot luck at work and I decided to dress up at the last minute. I blame my buddy Winnie for that, ha. But I'm glad I did. It just made the day more fun. And it was a perfect excuse for me to wear my Vibrams! Some pointed at them. Some told me they really liked them. While some told me that they were just plain weird. Hey, can't win 'em all.

One gal started laughing as soon as she saw my toe shoes. Later I was able to decipher (she was really laughing hysterically), that her hubby owned a pair of toe socks. Now I wonder if her hubby will get a pair.

Back to Halloween. I didn't have time to shop, nor did I really have the funds to splurge on a last minute costume. I dug out my old tae kwon do uniform. I took classes in college, which was about 10yrs ago. I can't believe that I fit into it because I was MUCH thinner back then. Score!

Well that was yesterday. Today we decided to finally carve my son's pumpkin. Hubby carved out the top and scooped the guts out of the 33lb pumpkin. My son didn't want to get his hands dirty so he supervised. I drew the outline, which was a super small image that was on the carving kit.

the outline


all carved out

lit up in the dark


I haven't carved a pumpkin since I was about 9yrs old. A super long time ago. Not sure why though because it was actually quite fun. I got to get a bit creative, and I think it turned out pretty well. What do you think? To see some awesome pumpkin carving, check out Ray Villafane.

My lil man was Spiderman. He really liked the costume with the muscles. We'll take him trick or treating and then head home to hand out some candy.


Did you dress up? Would love to see pictures. 
Did you do anything fun? Please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...