Saturday, October 30, 2010

Treadmill vs Asphalt

Due to lack of time and the weather, I have been running on my new treadmill. I'm slowly getting used to running barefoot on it. Got a couple of blisters the second time I ran on it. Could be form since I don't get these blisters while running barefoot on asphalt. I needed the treadmill in order to work on overcoming hills on a course. 

Today I slipped on my KSO's and ran outside. It was wonderful. I missed running outside. It's been too long. Being so used to the treadmill now, running outside felt different. I felt like I had to get used to it again. Kind of a downer. But I continued on. Didn't go as fast. It was a bit slippery since there was a bit of mud on the paths. That's one of the huge differences between treadmill running and running outside. You really need to pay attention to your surroundings. 

Stopped running after 20min since it started to rain. I had to remove my iPhone from my armband, and my headphones since I didn't want them to get wet. I stuck them under my shirt and sprinted back home. So yeah I ran a bit further than the 1.66miles Runmeter posted.
 
I definitely prefer running outside, but as I mentioned, the weather is not helping. And I'm not really one to run out in the rain. At least not yet. The plus for the treadmill is for practicing hill running.

It's going to take a while to get used to running on both surfaces. They're just SO different. Currently I feel like my feet, and maybe my whole body, need to adjust to each surface. 

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? 

I wonder how long this adjustment will take.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...