Friday, September 3, 2010

Week Nine - Day Three (c25k Completed!)

Slept early last night. I think I may have finally went to sleep at 9:30pm. Slept pretty good I think. Could have slept longer, but there was no way I was going to miss today's run.

First lap went pretty good. After a few laps my legs started to feel a bit heavy. wth? But I kept going. And then either someone ran over a skunk, or it sprayed on something, because it smelled really bad. Are you kidding me? Why is this happening on my last run of the program? When I got closer to the smell I just had to breathe into my hand for a bit. ick!

And then I finally did it. I completed wk9 day3 in about the same as day2's run. 2.1 miles in 30min. But not only did I complete wk9, I completed the whole Couch To 5k running program. What a journey. And thanks to those who gave me motivation throughout the last 27 runs. To pat myself on the back, I have come a long way. I was never able to run more than 2min, but now I can last 30min. It may not be fast right now, but it's not too shabby either.

I just knew I had to celebrate. But how? After doing my stretches and aquahydrated up.....I continued my workout! Worked on my core and back. Then more stretches. As Tony the Tiger would say, I feel G-R-R-R-R-e-a-t!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...